- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract to the butter mixture, and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour and salt to the mixture, mixing until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Flatten each ball of dough with your palms and place a small amount of drained crushed pineapple in the center.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the pineapple filling and shape into a small ball or oval.
- Place the filled tarts onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each tart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the tarts are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the tarts cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, store the pineapple tarts in an airtight container.
Enjoy these Prosperity Pineapple Tarts as a symbol of good luck and fortune during your Chinese New Year celebrations!